October 24, 2022 by Polar_Bear
Look, I could fill up this entire section with Python-esque jokes, including fully quoting several movies and shows and radio skits. But I won’t. I’ll just say that Monty Python has an RPG and it’s up on Kickstarter now.
From the article:
Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme is a rigorous course of study intended only for serious students of English History. It is by no means a complete and comprehensive manual for running imaginative, highly unpredictable, Mediaeval-themed role-playing games based upon the complete comedic output of Monty Python with one’s friends.
This officially licensed book features:
- An original rules-lite gaming system with spam.
- Guidance on designing adventures with spam.
- Ready-to-run quests, spam, and guidance on designing one’s own adventures.
- Character creation, spam, bestiary, spam, and Dramatis Personae sections.
- Tables for generating all sorts of things with spam.
There is also a madcap, backgammon-based minigame called Fetchez la Vache!, which involves dice catapults, meeples, farm animals, and rude French persons.
The campaign’s in the neighborhood of $1.5 million with 25 days left to go.