For us, the big news to come out of the recent Humble Games showcase is the immediate arrival of a shadow dropping Game Pass game. But there’s more to enjoy too.
We’ll start with the most exciting news and that focuses on the fact that Supraland: Six Inches Under is now available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, shadow dropped onto Game Pass for good measure.
Costing £16.74 if you don’t want to GP it, Supraland: Six Inches Under is the biggest of small adventures, following on from 2020’s original Supraland – a game that we very much enjoyed in review
This one whisks us off to a miniature world as we discover the Rakening have taken the townsfolk of Supraland and thrown them six inches under. The only positive we can find with that scenario is that it’s not six feet! From there, what awaits is a fun little adventure – one full of exploration, secrets, puzzles and hundred (quite literally, hundreds) of the worst gags you could imagine. The Supra Games and Humble Games teams promise a couple of those might be good.
In all the key features of Supraland: Six Inches Under include:
- Underworld exploration – Unearth a connected underworld of toys who’ve survived past calamities. The caverns are filled with secrets to discover and new areas to uncover—once you’ve acquired the right tools and abilities to access them.
- First-person puzzling – Solve problems in the environment with brains (and occasional brawn). Use skillful platforming to find secrets and hard to reach areas, and harness the power of physics to find creative ways to overcome obstacles.
- It’s a small world – For the people of Supraland, little things make a big difference. Turn a matchstick into the lever that opens a door or a torch that ignites an obstacle. Power mighty machines with the latest AAA battery technology, cross cracks the size of chasms, and walk (literally!) on the razor’s edge.
- A great place to dig in – Six Inches Under is a content-packed standalone follow-up (and not quite a sequel) to the original Supraland, designed for everyone! You can delve straight in and have a blast without having played the original.
- More Supraland to love – If you dug the original Supraland, you’ll discover tons more of the puzzle-solving, metroidvania-style exploration you loved—plus more skills, a novel new approach to combat, more optional activities, and an original new soundtrack.
Just pop over to the Xbox Store to grab a download of the game. And stay tuned for our upcoming review too.
Further to the Supraland stealth drop (or shadow drop, or release, whatever you want to call it) are plenty of others bits from the Humble Games team. There has been a reveal of six games at the show, with Wizard of Legend 2, Lost Skies, Breeze in the Clouds, #BLUD, Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus and Cataclismo all front and centre. There’s even an upcoming update for Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical in house too.
“”We’re incredibly excited for players to get their hands on our newly announced lineup as we continue to focus on supporting our development partners to bring their creative visions to life—and help them make their games the best they can be,” said Mark Nash, Humble’s Vice President of Global Publishing. “2022 was another very successful year for us, adding several more critically acclaimed and award-winning titles like SIGNALIS, Ghost Song and Prodeusto our growing portfolio. Our future lineup is proof of our continued investment in supporting our development partners to push the boundaries with their games.”
Full infos right here…
- Lost Skies – Humble Games and Bossa Games unveiled their upcoming game. Lost Skies.Lost Skiesis a cooperative survival adventure for 1–6 players set among the clouds, in a vast sky of floating islands. Find and craft ancient technology, build your own skyship, brave ferocious storms, and battle giant threats that await beyond the horizon.
- Wizard of Legend 2 – Humble Games announced their second owned title,Wizard of Legend 2, which is being developed by Dead Mage with guidance from original developer Contingent 99.Wizard of Legend 2 is an action-packed follow-up to the acclaimed dungeon-delving original. The game will feature vibrant new 3D visuals and fast-paced 4-player online co-op. Wield familiar and new Arcana, experiment with devious new spell combinations, and return again and again (and again) to master ever-changing rogue-lite challenges of the Chalice of Immortality.
- #BLUD (PC, 2024) – Humble Games shared a new publishing partnership with animation studio and developer Exit 73 on their debut game, #BLUD. #BLUD is a delightfully zany dungeon crawler that blends the line between video game and cartoon. Take on the role of plucky teen Becky Brewster as you balance school, friends, field hockey and fiend-slaying in this creative take on the traditional action RPG. Unique, high-quality 2D animation filled with personality and humor brings the world and characters of #BLUD to life in this one-of-a-kind animated adventure.
- Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus (PC, 2024) – Humble Games and Squid Shock Studios revealed that Humble would be publishing the developer’s first-ever game, Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus, a hand-drawn 2.5D action platformer based in a world of Japanese folklore. Take on the role of the Celestial Blossom Bō as you master your shapeshifting abilities, brew arcane teas to unlock celestial powers, and explore a mysterious haunted world filled with adorable and otherworldly characters straight from legend and myth.
- Breeze in the Clouds – Humble Games and Stormy Nights Interactive announced Humble will be publishing Breeze in the Clouds, with an interview with the developer, SrBilyon Harris, and a new trailer. The game features a corgi named Breeze who gets swept away from his home and from his best friend Diana, and whisked into the weather world of Tropolis. Breeze will need to use his newfound powers to assume an array of weather-based forms, fight the forces of pollution poisoning the world, and become an unstoppable force of nature.
- Cataclismo – Humble Games and Digital Sun shared a reveal trailer for Cataclismo, a fortress-building game set in a dark medieval fantasy realm. By the creators of Moonlighter and The Mageseeker, the game sees players leading an expedition beyond the gates of the last city, constructing fortresses and defending against waves of Horrors in a mix of tower defense and real-time strategy, as they reclaim mist-shrouded ruins and rebuild humanity
- Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical (PC, August 3, 2023) – Humble Games and Summerfall Studios shared more insight into Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical, which will be launching on August 3, 2023, with a behind-the-scenes look at their recent in-person Myth & Music event at the El Rey Theater. Stray Gods is one part narrative-driven adventure and one part interactive musical, created by former BioWare lead writer David Gaider, scored by award-winning composer Austin Wintory, voice directed by acclaimed actor and director Troy Baker and starring the incredible Laura Bailey along with a full cast of extremely talented voice actors.
Let us know what you are looking forward to.